Why break your bank for a big fat foreign trip when there are some of the best honeymoon places in India. Honeymoon is always a memorable and quality time that a couple is going to spend with each other. Therefore, it is a must to choose your honeymoon destination in India wisely to make the days more special.
There are many cities in India which are considered to be the best places to visit in India for a honeymoon. You can have the best honeymoon in India once you visit these city locations.
Luckily, there is no shortage of romantic places in India for couples. It actually depends on the honeymooners to decide which location is the best for a romantic honeymoon in India.
There are plenty of honeymoon places in South India as well as there are some top honeymoon places in North India too. Choosing a honeymoon destination in India can be quite a difficult task but here I break it down for you. So, if you are looking to honeymoon in India, you must visit any of the top 10 romantic Indian places that are mentioned in this article.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
ANDAMAN – Best Honeymoon Places in India
Many newlyweds prefer to go to a quaint location with fewer people, romantic weather, and stunning landscape in their honeymoon. Andaman is a place where you will find everything that a couple needs on their special holiday. The Andaman will leave you amazed with its white sandy beaches, blue azure waters and lush tropical forests.
If you are looking for the best honeymoon beaches in India, you cannot afford to miss the Andaman. The island offers different other experience, activities, and destinations which will make you wish your holiday to never end.
Romantic Things to do in Andaman Island
- Andaman has some of the best beaches in India for honeymoon. Stroll along the Radhanagar beach which was awarded as one of the best beaches in Asia by ‘Time’ magazine.
- Enjoy the adventurous water sports activities, snorkeling, and scuba diving in the crystal clear water of the Elephant Beach on Havelock Island
- Ross and Smith, Jolly Bouy beach are purely secluded beaches in Andaman and are perfect for a leisure holiday. Enjoy the sunbath on the beach in a serene and tranquil ambiance with a mesmerizing view of the blue sea.
- You can opt for a romantic drive along the Munda Pahad Beach in Chidiya Tapu and enjoy the shimmering sunset in the evening.
Best Time to Visit Andaman Island for a Honeymoon
The romantic charm of Andaman Island is best enjoyed between October to May when the weather is pleasant for honeymooners to walk around the islands.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration Andaman Island
4 to 7 days.
Honeymoon Resorts in Andaman Island
Needless to say, it’s also one of the most popular honeymoon places in India that perfectly mixes romance, beauty, fun, and thrill. It has everything you could ever wish, including gorgeous beaches, magnificent hotels, and resorts as well as plenty of amazing nightlife, Portuguese architecture, casinos, forts, and many more.
Goa is heavily crowded in the peak season and is ideal for party-loving couples. If you want to avoid crowd I will recommend visiting Palolem beach in South Goa or Ashwem beach in North Goa instead of Baga beach which is by far the most crowded beach in Goa.
Romantic Things to do in Goa
- Varca, Candolim, Anjuna, Arambol, Baga, Colva, Palolem – the list of stunning beaches are endless. Rent a bike or a scooter and explore the beaches at your own pace or just walk together on the beaches.
- Candolim, Bogmalo, Mandrem are the best beaches for water sports activities such as parasailing, jet skiing.
- Grande Islands, St. George Island, Devagh Island, Pigeon Island are the best places in Goa for snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Relax on the beach and enjoy body massage together on the beach.
- Enjoy the throbbing nightlife scene and beach parties in Anjuna, Vagator, and in Baga beaches.
- Once you are done with the beaches, visit Fort Chapora with your better half and enjoy the splendid views of the sunset.
Best Time to Visit Goa for a Honeymoon
November to February is the best time to visit Goa. October, March, & April are perfect if you wish to avoid the crowd in Goa.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration Goa
5 to 6 days.
Honeymoon Resorts in Goa
Alleppey or Alappuzha is one of the best destinations for a honeymoon in South India and a splendid place to ask for someone’s hand in marriage. It is also known as the ‘Venice of the East‘, the ultimate backwater destination of India. The great Lake of Vembanad and the other canals here are the perfect places to enjoy a romantic experience on a slow cruise.
From backwater cruises and numerous houseboats to toddy shops, canoe, Ayurvedic couple spa, amazing sunset view; you can enjoy an unforgettable honeymoon in one of the most beautiful places in India. You can spend tranquil holidays in the city with your partner for life.
Romantic Things to do in Alleppey
- Nothing can be more romantic than having a sip on champagne while taking a houseboat ride on the backwaters.
- Visit Pathiramanal, a tiny island near Alleppey, and a great spot for bird watching.
- Enjoy romantic dining with your beloved ones in the houseboat.
- Go for a romantic beach walk at Alappuzha Beach.
- Aleppey is one of the best yoga places in India. Indulge in yoga, Ayurveda and spa for relief in chronic illness.
Best Time to Visit Alleppey for a Honeymoon
November to March is the best time visit Aleppy.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration Alleppey
2 to 3 days.
Honeymoon Resorts in Alleppey
KASHMIR – Best Honeymoon Destinations in India
Kashmir, also known as ‘Heaven on Earth‘, is a honeymooner’s dream destination. The charming weather, snow-capped mountains, romantic Dal Lake, and vast landscape valleys make Kashmir one of the best places for honeymoon in North India. Whether its Srinagar, Sonmarg, Gulmarg, or Pahalgam, every corner of Kashmir will give you unforgettable memories to cherish and a thousand pictures to savor.
This picturesque place is full of natural beauty snuggled between the Himalayas and the Pir Panjal Mountains. If you are romantic and are looking for a unique stay in one of the most beautiful places for honeymoon in India or to celebrate a wedding anniversary, you should definitely visit Kashmir.
Romantic Things to do in Kashmir
- Your honeymoon in Kashmir is incomplete without a romantic Shikara ride on the Dal Lake. Explore the local floating market.
- Take a gondola ride to Gulmarg and walk around the world’s highest golf course in Gulmarg.
- Stay one night in the famous houseboat on the Dal Lake.
- Visit the spectacular gardens in Srinagar created by the Mughal emperors. Stroll along with the gardens hand in hand with your spouse in Shalimar Bagh, Nishat Bagh, and Chesmashahi gardens.
- Go for a day trip to Pahalgam and visit the Lidaar river and Betaab Valley surrounded by pine woods.
Best Time to Visit Kashmir for a Honeymoon
April to October is the best time to visit this paradise. If you want to enjoy a snowfall visit in winter months – December to February.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration Kashmir
6 to 7 days.
Honeymoon Resorts in Kashmir
The romantic weather, the beautiful and serene mountains that perfectly complement the moods of the newlyweds, make Shimla one of the best honeymoon destinations in India.
Needless to say, due to its surreal beauty of lofty mountains, lush green valleys, pine forests, and cascading waterfall, Shimla is one of the most prominent and popular hills stations of India which is crowded all year long. The place boasts of being magnificent and rich with the bountiful nature, gorgeous architecture dating back to the colonial times, and the splendid sightseeing spots in and around the city.
Romantic Things to do in Shimla
- Naldehra Peak is a popular golf course that is located at an altitude of 2000 meters. Enjoy the 360-degree panoramic view of the surrounding Himalayan mountains from Naldehra Peak.
- Enjoy the thrill of blissful togetherness at Kufri and choose from the various winter sports activities such as skiing, snowboarding, and horse riding.
- You must visit the Mall road. Especially in winter, it becomes more romantic with white snow all around.
- Surprise your partner by booking a table for romantic dining in the authentic restaurants in Shimla.
Best Time to Visit Shimla for a Honeymoon
October to March is the perfect time to plan a honeymoon when the weather is pleasant. If you want to enjoy the snow, visit between December to February.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration Shimla
3 to 4 days.
Honeymoon Resorts in Shimla
Ooty is not only the “Queen of hill stations”, but it is also one of the most beautiful places in India and a perfect destination for a honeymoon in India. Blessed with natural beauty in plenty, Ooty has everything that couples expect from a honeymoon destination.
A honeymoon in Ooty can be a great way to keep down costs. If you want to enjoy the incredible natural scenic views, old-world architecture, stunning hills, and pleasant climate on a budget; Ooty is the ideal honeymoon place for you.
Romantic Things to do in Ooty
- Couples can enjoy a breathtaking panoramic view of Ooty and the surrounding peaks and valleys from the top of Doddaetta peak which is the highest mountain in Nilgiri Hills at 2637 meters.
- Boating on the Ooty Lake can be very romantic. Enjoy the picturesque surroundings and the beauty of the Nilgiri hills.
- Honeymooners love to visit Madumalai national park, especially for the elephant ride through the dense forest.
- Visit the tea estates in Glenmorgan and ride on the 3km long ropeway connecting Singara to Glenmorgan.
Best Time to Visit Ooty for a Honeymoon
Ooty can be visited all year round. Temperatures are moderate and thus friendly for couples on their honeymoon.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration Ooty
3 to 5 days.
Honeymoon Resorts in Ooty
Book Your Romantic Hotels
Taj Mahal which is located in Agra is the true symbol of Love. Unarguably, it is one of the best honeymoon places in India. The magical attraction of the Taj Mahal drives more than 8million tourists yearly. Newlywed couples from across the world visit Agra Taj Mahal for a romantic holiday before starting off their married life.
However, Agra is not all about the Taj Mahal. This historical city of India has many fascinating attractions including some UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri.
Romantic Things to do in Agra
- Taking couple images are a must while visiting the Taj Mahal in Agra. This wonder looks more romantic on a full moonlight.
- Boat ride on the Yamuna river can be very romantic with a clear view of the Taj Mahal.
- Visit the other popular monuments, ancient forts and Mughal marvels such as Agra Fort, Buland Darwaza, Akbar’s tomb.
Best Time to Visit Agra for a Honeymoon
The best honeymoon weather in Agra is between November and March.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration Agra
3 to 4 days.
Honeymoon Resorts in Agra
You can always find Udaipur among the top list of honeymoon places in India. Udaipur is enriched with culture, history, and heritage. The iconic palaces, shimmering lakes, and historical museums and buildings make Udaipur one of the most romantic spots in India.
Honeymooners from all around the world come to this vibrant city of Rajsthan for a honeymoon. Even Udaipur is now becoming popular as a wedding destination among global celebrities too. It is also known as ‘Venice of the East’ and ‘City of Lakes’. The impressive Havelis, mahals, and cobbled streets of this romantic lake city offer a glimpse into its glorious past.
Romantic Things to do in Udaipur
- Take a city tour in Udaipur and explore the popular palace and Havelis. If you have an interest in Indian history, you will definitely love this city.
- Watch the shimmering sunset together while enjoying a boat cruise on Lake Pichola.
- Book a table for a romantic dinner in Ambrai restaurant situated by the ghat. The night view of the city from here is very alluring.
- Stay at least one day in Taj Lake Palace, one of the best heritage hotels in India. You can feel the royal experience at every corner of this luxury heritage resort.
Best Time to Visit Udaipur for a Honeymoon
The best time for a romantic honeymoon getaway in Udaipur is between October and March when the weather’s pleasant and dry.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration Udaipur
4 to 5 days.
Honeymoon Resorts in Udaipur
DARJEELING – Best Places for Honeymoon in India
Darjeeling is among the top honeymoon locations in India due to its awesome natural attractions, serene ambiance, cool breeze, lush green tea estates, and beautiful snow-capped mountains. This popular hill station of West Bengal will welcome you with a magical view of misty mountains.
The beauty of Darjeeling is incredible and romantic and makes love birds soak in eternal passion and love for each other. Darjeeling is the best destination for all those couples who are looking for a budget romantic getaway in India.
Romantic Things to do in Darjeeling
- Watch the jaw-dropping sunrise from the famous Tiger Hill viewpoint.
- Don’t miss the iconic toy train ride from New Jalpaiguri to Darjeeling.
- Explore the Mall Road and enjoy the stunning view of Mount Kangchendzonga on a bright sunny day.
- Take a ropeway ride together. It offers a spectacular view of Darjeeling from a different angle.
- Visit the Rock Garden and explore a variety of flora, fauna, artificial falls, and bridges.
Best Time to Visit Darjeeling for a Honeymoon
September to April is the best time to visit Darjeeling for a honeymoon to experience the serenity and intimate moments together.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration Darjeeling
4 to 5 days.
Honeymoon Resorts in Darjeeling
Forget about the sea, mountain, and forest. How will it be if tell you to spend your honeymoon in a desert? Yes, it’s unique and has the ability to make your special day a memorable one. Jaisalmer is located in the heart of the Thar desert in Rajasthan.
The ‘Golden City’ of India has a rich culture, glorious history, and tradition. If you want to get a feel of the Arabian night in your honeymoon vacation in India, Jaisalmer is the place to be.
Romantic Things to do in Jaisalmer
- Visit the majestic Jaisalmer Fort which looks more beautiful when it turns into golden hue under the sunlight.
- Couples can enjoy jeep safari and camel safari to explore the desert.
- Explore the Havelis of Jaisalmer which were made of yellow sandstone.
- Stargazing together in the middle of the Thar desert is a pure romantic experience.
Best Time to Visit Jaisalmer for a Honeymoon
October to March
Ideal Honeymoon Duration Jaisalmer
5 to 6 days.
Honeymoon Resorts in Jaisalmer
This is my sorted list of the best honeymoon places in India.
If you liked this post please don’t forget to share this.
Happy traveling… 🙂
LIKE IT? PIN IT…