Are you looking for a country that will romance you with the world’s best chocolates, dazzle you with culinary treats, and amaze you picturesque villages, gleaming mountain peaks, serene lakes, there is nothing quite like having a honeymoon in Switzerland. Let’s explore the various honeymoon places in Switzerland that will surely surprise your better half.
PIN IT FOR LATER…
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
Switzerland is the country that is a dream spot for all honeymoon planners. In spite of being a small European country, there are many great honeymoon destinations in Switzerland, but planning your Switzerland honeymoon itinerary can be tricky.
Here we have picked up some of the best honeymoon places in Switzerland and have everything you need to know about planning a Switzerland honeymoon, best honeymoon resorts in Switzerland, romantic restaurants in Switzerland and Switzerland honeymoon cost.
The ideal location and natural scenic view of Interlaken made it one of the best places to visit in Switzerland for a honeymoon. Interlaken is located between Lake Brienz and Lake Thun, surrounded by the Jungfrau region mountains. If you want to enjoy a romantic holiday in Switzerland, away from the hustle and bustle from the cities, Interlaken could be an ideal choice for honeymooners.
Romantic Things to Do in Interlaken:
- There are plenty of things to do in Interlaken. Hiking in Interlaken is the most popular activity among couples. You would find some of the best hikes in Switzerland. Hiking to Harder Kulm or Giessbach Waterfalls with your beloved one will offer you a beautiful natural scenic view of Alpine mountains in a serene atmosphere.
- Take a romantic Kayak tour in the turquoise Lake Brienz. See the lush green hillsides, towering cliffs and picturesque Interlaken town.
- Interlaken is a perfect honeymoon place for couples who like an adventure. Indulge in various adventure activities such as paragliding, skydiving, skiing, white water river rafting and many more.
How to Reach Interlaken:
- Bern is the nearby airport which is 45 minutes away from Interlaken
- Take a train from Zurich airport to Interlaken OST station that takes around two hours to reach.
- Many Private buses operate to Interlaken from Paris, Rome, Munich, Florence etc.
Best Time to Visit Interlaken for Honeymoon:
- If you wish to enjoy the greenery of Switzerland with stunning landscapes, then February to April is the best time.
- November to February is the best time if you love to see in the snow-capped mountains with adventure sports.
Honeymoon Hotels in Interlaken:
However, my personal choice will be Lindner Grand Hotel Beau Rivage. They have a perfect location in central Interlaken and offer a wide range of beauty treatments which is perfect for your romantic honeymoon in Switzerland. Undoubtedly, it is one of the best honeymoon hotels in Switzerland.
Romantic Restaurants in Interlaken:
You will get all types of cuisines in Interlaken. Have a romantic dinner with your partner in any of the below-mentioned restaurants.
- Restaurant Luegibrueggli
- La Terrasse
- Restaurant Taverne
- Per Bacc – West End
Ideal Honeymoon Duration in Interlaken:
#2 LUCERNE: Honeymoon in Switzerland
Lucerne is another little Swiss town enriched with natural beauty no word can do justice to explain its beauty. Apart from offering gorgeous panoramic views of Lucerne city and lakes, Lucerne has so much to see and do, that you won’t ever come across a dull moment. Honeymoon in Switzerland is incomplete if you don’t keep Lucerne in your Switzerland honeymoon itinerary. Lucerne could be an excellent choice if you are planning your honeymoon in Switzerland in May.
Romantic Things to Do in Lucerne:
- Lake Lucerne is the most famous tourist attraction in Lake Lucerne. Spend a romantic moment with your spouse feeding the ducks in the picturesque Lake Lucerne. The lake offers a mesmerizing panoramic view of Swiss Alps
- Visit Mount Rigi. Take a cogwheel ride from the shores of Lake Lucerne to an elevation of 1798 meters on Mt. Rigi. It would be a signature experience that you cannot afford to miss in your honeymoon in Switzerland
- Explore Lake Lucerne by taking a cruise on a panoramic yacht with your partner. Relax on the upper deck with an adjustable roof on the cruise and admire the beauty of luxurious villas, hilly landscapes, and the deep blue lake.
- The Medieval Old Town of Lucerne is a delightful place for couples. The atmosphere here is extremely romantic with fantastic architecture, fountains, bridges and mountains all around surrounding you.
How to Reach Lucerne:
Bern and Zurich both are well connected with Lucerne by train and bus.
Best Time to Visit Lucerne for Honeymoon:
May to October is the best time to visit Lucerne for a honeymoon when the weather is pleasant with bright sunshine.
Honeymoon Hotels in Lucerne:
Wondering for the best honeymoon hotels in Lucerne? Lucerne has plenty of options for honeymooners and couples.
- The Hotel Lucerne, Autograph Collection
- Art Deco Hotel Montana Luzern
- Hotel Seeburg
- Hotel Anker
- Seehotel Hermitage
Romantic Restaurants in Lucerne:
Want to surprise your partner by booking a table for a candle night dinner? Lucerne has some of the best romantic restaurants in Switzerland.
- Gartenhaus 1313
- Restaurant Geissmatt
- Restaurant Balances
- Bam Bou by Thomas
- Restaurant Olivo
Ideal Honeymoon Duration in Lucerne:
2 days in Lucerne is ideal for honeymoon.
If you and your spouse are looking for a honeymoon place rich in culture, delicious cuisine, and great architectural buildings, museums and cafes, you ought to add Zurich to your list of best honeymoon destinations in Switzerland. You can enjoy a romantic holiday in Zurich. The largest city of Switzerland won’t disappoint you with scenic waterfront promenades, picturesque lanes and snow-capped mountains in the background.
Romantic Things to Do in Zurich:
- What can be more romantic than walking hand in hand across the river or lake Geneva? Take some selfies for your Instagram feed with a stunning background.
- On a warm summer evening, go for a private guided boat tour with your spouse and make some amazing memories in a romantic ambiance. Just sit back and relax on the classic Sloep Boat. Explore Zurich City and the surrounding hills from Lake Geneva.
- Book a table at Rive Gauche restaurant for a perfect romantic dinner.
- Bahnhofstrasse is an ideal place for shopaholic couples. You will find some of the world’s top brand’s stores on both sides of the road. Shop at your heart’s content and gift yourselves buying couple Swiss watches.
How to Reach Zurich:
Zurich airport is the busiest airport in Switzerland. You can get a train to the central railway station in Zurich from the airport. Zurich is well connected with most of the major cities in Switzerland. You can easily travel to Zurich by renting a car in Switzerland.
Best Time to Visit Zurich for Honeymoon:
April to May and September to October are arguably the best time to visit Zurich for a honeymoon when the weather is most pleasant.
Honeymoon Hotels in Zurich:
- Park Hyatt Zurich
- Swissotel Zurich
- Widder Hotel
- Baur au Lac
- The Dolder Grand
- Small Luxury Hotel Ambassador Zurich
Romantic Restaurants in Zurich:
You will find the world’s top cuisines in Zurich. Here in Zurich honeymooners are welcomed with some of the most romantic restaurants in Switzerland.
- Carlton Restaurant & Bar
- Coco Grill and Bar
- Die Waid
- Maison Blunt
However, Zurich is a popular honeymoon spot among Indian honeymooners. If you are fond of curry and spices, check out the list of top 10 Indian Restaurants in Zurich.
Ideal Honeymoon Duration in Zurich:
2 days in Zurich is perfect for honeymoon.
Grindelwald is a postcard-perfect countryside with mesmerizing green meadows and little villages situated amidst them. It is an ideal place to enjoy pure Swiss natural beauty and charm. The stunning surroundings of the Bernese Alps in a calm serene atmosphere with lush green valley made it one of the best places for honeymoon in Switzerland.
Romantic Things to Do in Grindelwald:
- Jungfraujoch is the most popular tourist attraction in Grindelwald. The scenic train journey to Jungfraujoch will make you speechless with the extraordinary beauty of the Swiss Alps. On the way to the top of Europe, just sit back with your beloved one and relish your honeymoon period in Switzerland
- Grindelwald travel is incomplete without a cable car ride to Grindelwald-First. This 25 minutes journey will be a memorable experience. The beauty of the journey is so unreal that I cannot use a proper word to explain it.
- Hiking is the best way to explore this little mountain village in Switzerland. Adventure lover couples will surely enjoy the scenic Eiger trail and Lake Bachalpsee hike.
- Make your honeymoon in Switzerland more enthralling by doing some adventure activities like Cliff walking, First Flieger, First Glider, Mountain biking.
How to Reach Grindelwald:
Zurich is the nearby international airport from where it takes around 2.5 hours to reach Grindelwald by car via Interlaken. Train service is also available from Interlaken to Grindelwald. Honeymooners can also come to Grindelwald from Basel and Bern airport that takes around 3 hours and 1 hour respectively.
Best Time to Visit Grindelwald for Honeymoon:
June-August is the best time to visit Grindelwald for a honeymoon when the temperature hovers around 22-27 degrees.
Honeymoon Hotels in Grindelwald:
- Belvedere Swiss Quality Hotel
- Steinbock Hotel Grindelwald
- Berggasthaus First (Budget)
- Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Grindelwald
- Jungfrau Lodge Swiss Mountain Hotel(Mid-range)
Romantic Restaurants in Grindelwald:
Having a romantic dinner in the Jungfrau region with your loved one is the dream of many honeymooners. Here is the list of some of the finest restaurants in Grindelwald for honeymoon couples.
- Restaurant Belvedere
- Restaurant Glacier
- Restaurant la Marmite
- Restaurant Schmitte
Ideal Honeymoon Duration in Grindelwald:
If you are planning for Switzerland honeymoon itinerary, you should make sure to keep Geneva in the itinerary. Geneva is a fantastic honeymoon spot in Switzerland for the couples who love to explore historic old towns, museums and cultural attractions. You can indulge yourselves in any of the indoor and outdoor activities of Geneva or take a romantic evening stroll along the shore of the Geneva River with your spouse.
Romantic Things to Do in Geneva:
- Geneva Water Fountain is the most famous landmark in Geneva for couples. Enjoy the enchanting view of this romantic spot in Switzerland.
- Explore the Old Town of Geneva holding each other’s hands. You can feel the romantic ambiance in the narrow streets of Geneva while strolling around the Old Town.
- Hike to Saleve mountain together with your partner. Once you reach the top, the view is truly romantic. You will get an opportunity to have a breathtaking view of Geneva city from the top.
How to Reach Geneva:
Geneva Airport is one of the busiest airports in Switzerland and connected by almost all the European and other countries of the world. Geneva’s main train station, Gare de Cornavin has trains to and from various cities such as Bern, Basel, Interlaken, Zurich.
Best Time to Visit Geneva for Honeymoon:
You will get the perfect romantic atmosphere in Geneva from June to August when the weather is mild and breezy.
Honeymoon Hotels in Geneva:
Romantic Restaurants in Geneva:
- Le Chat-Botte
- Café de la Paix
- Cinquème Jour
Ideal Honeymoon Duration in Geneva:
#6 TICINO: Best Honeymoon Destination in Switzerland
Ticino is the southernmost canton of Switzerland sharing the border with Italy. This Italian speaking canton is yet another of the most sought after Switzerland honeymoon destinations. From Mediterranean vibe in the church, castle and the narrow cobblestone street to delicious cuisine, you will find Italian influence everywhere. If you are planning your honeymoon in Switzerland in April, this is the place to be.
On summertime in Switzerland, Ticino is one of the most beautiful places for honeymoon in Switzerland. The deep blue lakes, endless hikes, snow-covered mountains and various types of adventure activities – Ticino has a lot of options to offer honeymooners a romantic holiday in Switzerland.
Romantic Things to Do in Ticino:
- The castles of Bellinzona are rich in history and a must-visit place in Ticino for couples who enjoy history.
- Enjoy the enchanting beauty of the Verzasca Valley. Take some fantastic landscape view of the lush green valley.
- Escaping from the crowds of Lugano, go for a cable car ride up to Monte San Salvatore. You can choose hiking to go to the top. Enjoy a romantic evening with your partner on the top of Monte San Salvatore. From the top, get a breathtaking view of beautiful Lugano city.
How to Reach Ticino:
Lugano Airport is the closest airport to Ticino and is well connected with Zurich airport. However, if you want to experience a scenic train journey go with Gotthard Panorama Express to Bellinzona and Lugano.
Best Time to Visit Ticino for Honeymoon:
March and April are the best months to visit Ticino when the weather is beautiful and the temperature is very pleasant.
Honeymoon Hotels in Ticino:
- The View Lugano
- Villa Orselina
- Suitenhotel Parco Paradiso
- Hotel Ibis Locarno
- Kurhaus Cademario Hotel & Spa
Romantic Restaurants in Ticino:
- Restaurant Ecco Ascona
- Osteria Dell Enoteca
- Restaurant Collinetta
- Grotto Morchino
Ideal Honeymoon Duration in Ticino:
For a honeymoon in Switzerland in winter, you cannot skip Zermatt from your Switzerland honeymoon itinerary. Zermatt is a popular ski resort in Switzerland. It is a paradise for honeymoon couples who are crazy about mountaineering and skiing. Zermatt is located at the foothills of Matterhorn and offers a jaw-dropping view of Swiss alps and beautiful landscape. Zermatt is another most beautiful honeymoon spot in Switzerland with some of the most enchanting views and landscapes.
Romantic Things to Do in Zermatt:
- Enjoying the sunrise and sunset at Matterhorn together could be a memorable experience in Switzerland honeymoon.
- Zermatt is one of the best ski destinations in Europe. You should not miss skiing in Zermatt Ski Resort.
- It can be very romantic while strolling through Zermatt holding your partner’s hand. Being a car-free place, Zermatt is the best honeymoon places in Switzerland to spend time in a tranquil ambiance.
- Take a fun ride to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise at a height of 4000 m. Enjoy the panoramic view of the Swiss Alps and an ice grotto at the Glacier Paradise.
How to Reach Zermatt:
Zermatt is 3-4 hours drive from the nearby airports – Zurich, Geneva, Milan, Sion and Bern. Zermatt is a car-free place in Switzerland. So you have to park your car in the garage and take a train to Zermatt.
Best Time to Visit Zermatt for Honeymoon:
You will get enchanting weather in Zermatt from June to September when the temperature hovers around 12-25 degrees but if you like to do skiing and other winter activities, February is the perfect time to visit.
Honeymoon Hotels in Zermatt:
- Hotel Monte Rosa
- Mont Cervin Palace
- Hotel Bella Vista Zermatt(Budget hotel)
- Hotel Matthiol
- Grand Hotel Zermatterhoff
Romantic Restaurants in Zermatt:
- Restaurant Chez Vrony
- Bergrestaurant Blatten
- Restaurant Little India(Indian restaurant)
Ideal Honeymoon Duration in Zermatt:
Are you looking for a honeymoon place enriched with history and cultural heritage along with cafes, pubs and exotic party lives? The mountain city Lausanne could be a great choice for a perfect honeymoon in Switzerland. The lovely medieval old town with Gothic architecture, pristine Lake Ouchy, beautiful churches and hippy lifestyle make it one of the most romantic places in Switzerland.
Romantic Things to Do in Lausanne:
- Visit Lausanne castle and enjoy the breathtaking view of Lausanne city from the castle terrace.
- Go for a romantic walk from Lausanne to the Lavaux Vineyards, a UNESCO protected place. On a sunny day, it could be a promising romantic activity in Lausanne.
- Enjoy the shimmering sunset together from the Lake Ouchy.
- Go for a panoramic bus tour in Lavaux that offers panoramic views of the Lavaux Vineyards, Lake Geneva and the Swiss Alps.
How to Reach Lausanne:
Geneva is the nearby airport in Lausanne. Trains are available to and from Geneva, Zurich, Berne, St Gallen, and Brig. Lausanne is well connected with the rest of the country by the Swiss Federal Rail System. You can also come here by boat from Coppet, Evian, Geneva, Nyon and Vevey.
Best Time to Visit Lausanne for Honeymoon:
June to September is the perfect time to visit Lausanne when the humidity is lowest and the temperature is pleasant.
Honeymoon Hotels in Lausanne:
- Carlton Lausanne Boutique Hotel (Budget)
- Hotel Royal Savoy Lausanne
- Lausanne Palace
- Beau-Rivage Palace
Romantic Restaurants in Lausanne:
- Saveurs concept
- La Pergola
- Anne-Sophie Pic au Beau-Rivage Palace
- The Place 2B – Besame Mucho
Ideal Honeymoon Duration in Lausanne:
#9 ST. MORITZ
This enchanted Swiss village is adorned with magnificent mountain resorts, picturesque lakes and dazzling landscapes. If you are looking for a luxury honeymoon in Switzerland with an incredible scenic view, St. Moritz is the place to be. With a unique combination of amazing outdoor activities and premium luxury, it is one of the top honeymoon destinations in Switzerland.
Romantic Things to Do in St. Moritz:
- Couples can enjoy a romantic ride on horse-drawn carriages through the little mountain town.
- You cannot afford to miss skiing in St. Moritz at night(Friday). It is a unique experience in St. Moritz skiing under floodlit and moonlight.
- Enjoy one of the most scenic train rides on the Bernina Express.
- Book a table for dinner to surprise your better half in an exotic restaurant in St. Moritz.
- Stroll hand in hand along the shore of St. Moritz lake.
How to Reach St. Moritz:
Zurich is the nearby airport to St. Moritz which is 229 km away. Hourly trains are available which leaves from Chur and reach to St. Moritz. However, Glacier Express is the most spectacular and comfortable journey to reach St. Moritz.
Best Time to Visit St. Moritz for Honeymoon:
December to March is the peak season in St. Moritz for a honeymoon when the sky is clear with bright sunlight and lots of powder snow.
Honeymoon Hotels in St. Moritz:
Romantic Restaurants in St. Moritz:
- Ecco St. Moritz
- Dal Muin
- Restaurant Uondas
- Restaurant Engiadina
Ideal Honeymoon Duration in St. Moritz:
Montreux is a perfect honeymoon place in Switzerland with a picturesque Swiss town, Mediterranean trees, vineyards and the option to just relax and enjoy the view. The unique combination of lakeside palm trees and mountain landscape gives honeymooners a true feeling of paradise. Montreux is another top honeymoon destination in Switzerland with some of the most enchanting views and landscapes.
Romantic Things to Do in Montreux:
- Experience some of the best views of the Switzerland countryside landscape, gorgeous florals while strolling along the Geneva lakeside promenade with your beloved one.
- Visit Chateau Chillon, one of the best castles in Europe, located on a small island right on the shore of Lake Geneva.
- Experience a romantic wine tour to Lavaux vineyards on a panoramic bus and admire the stunning views of Lake Geneva and the Alps. Don’t miss the chance to sample a wide variety of delicious local wines.
- The Jazz Festival of Montreux is a popular thing that most couples like to experience in a romantic evening.
How to Reach Montreux:
Like most of Switzerland, train is the most convenient way to reach Montreux. It is just an hour away from Geneva by train, while if you come from Lausanne, it won’t take more than 30 minutes to get to Montreux.
Best Time to Visit Montreux for Honeymoon:
June to September is the perfect time to visit Lausanne when the humidity is lowest and the temperature is pleasant.
Honeymoon Hotels in Montreux:
Romantic Restaurants in Montreux:
- Auberge de Chaulin
- Restaurant 45 Grill and Health.
- MP’s Bar & Grill
- Le Palais Oriental
Ideal Honeymoon Duration in Montreux:
I have another popular article on Switzerland Solo Travel on a Budget. Check out Switzerland Itinerary for 8 Days 8 Cities with $1000.
LIKE IT? PIN IT…
I hope this sorted Switzerland honeymoon destination list will help you to plan a perfect itinerary for a honeymoon in Switzerland.
Kindly share this post if you find this article helpful.
Stay tuned with us and Please Subscribe to Our Newsletter to read the upcoming travel blogs.
Happy Travelling… 🙂