Honeymoon is one of the most precious time for every couple. When it is about the honeymoon, Thailand always remains the top choice among couples who are looking for a cheap romantic getaway. Nothing could be better than a romantic walk by the seashore while enjoying the blue turquoise water holding your spouse’s hand. Are you still wondering about your dream honeymoon destination? Then make a plan to go to Thailand for your long waited honeymoon trip. Here we have sorted out some of the best honeymoon destinations in Thailand that you shouldn’t miss.
PIN IT FOR LATER…
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
Why Thailand is Best as Honeymoon Destination
Thailand is a country that has a lot of things to offer for all types of travelers. From breathtaking turquoise lagoons, scuba diving in the colorful corals to beautiful temples and vibrant nightlife, Thailand won’t disappoint any couple. Oh! I forgot to mention the giant shopping malls in Bangkok-Pattaya. Thailand is a shopper’s paradise. You cannot find anyone who returns back without shopping anything from Thailand.
Thailand is undoubtedly considered to be one of the best honeymoon destinations in Asia. Especially if budget is your concern then Thailand should be your first choice as a cheap honeymoon destination. All of these overwhelming experiences and great deals make Thailand the most visited and affordable honeymoon destination in the world.
I have compiled a list of some of the best and most romantic places in Thailand that every couple should visit.
You should have probably seen the spectacular white sand beaches with the pristine blue water in your Instagram feed. Most of those pictures are captured in southeast Asian countries and these places seem to be expensive.
However, if you want to spend your honeymoon vacations in those picturesque beaches without breaking your bank, your honeymoon destination should be Phuket, one of the most visited beaches in Thailand.
Phuket is one of the most popular destinations in Thailand for international tourists. Enjoying the view of exotic sea beach in charming weather from the beachside resort is every couple’s dream.
Couples also prefer to visit some of the best honeymoon beaches in Phuket like Kata beach, Karin beach and Kamala beach. You will need to stay at least one week if you want to explore the whole Phuket.
How to Reach Phuket:
Phuket International Airport is one of the busiest airports in Thailand. You can directly reach Phuket by flight if you come from India, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and Germany. Bangkok to Phuket daily flight option is available at a reasonable price and takes less than an hour to reach Phuket.
Phuket is well connected to Bangkok by frequent bus service that takes generally up to 13 hours to reach Phuket. I will recommend choosing flight as there is not much difference between the bus fare and flight fare if you book flight 3 months in advance.
Best Time to Visit Phuket for Honeymoon:
November to January is the best time to visit Phuket for the honeymooners. I will recommend staying at least 3 days in Phuket to visit the major tourist spots.
Romantic Things to do in Phuket:
- Go for Day Trips to Phi Phi Island and James Bond Island.
- Enjoy the beach hopping and explore some of the best beaches in Phuket with your partner.
- Don’t miss snorkeling, scuba diving and other adventure sports.
- Enjoy a sunbath on a calm beach.
- Go for a night party in Bangla road in Patang.
Romantic Hotels and Resorts in Phuket:
- Art-C House (Budget)
- Tee Pak Dee Resident Phuket (Mid-Range)
- Holiday Inn Resort Phuket (Luxury)
- Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong
- Novotel Phuket Resort
What to Eat in Phuket:
- Pad Thai
- Tom Yam Goong
- Som Tam
- Kao Phad(Fried Rice)
#2 CHIANG MAI:
With a peaceful and traditional vibe, Chiang Mai welcomes travelers who seek solitude and calmness. If you want to experience something different apart from Thailand’s high rise buildings, pristine beaches and nightlife then Chiang Mai is the ideal destination for honeymooners.
From the beautiful mountain, tribal village to historical temples and riding on an elephant, Chiang Mai is a unique place in Thailand that you cannot find anywhere in Thailand. No doubt, Chiang Mai is one of the best honeymoon getaways for couples who love to experience the serenity and tranquility of nature.
How to Reach Chiang Mai:
Chiang Mai is well connected with Bangkok by flight, bus and train. Chiang Mai International Airport is just 3 km away from the city center. You can take a bus from Moh Chit bus terminal from Bangkok that will take 9 to 12 hours to reach Chiang Mai. A comfortable train journey from Bangkok’s Hualamphong Train Station to the Chiang Mai Station takes around 12-13 hours.
Best Time to Visit Chiang Mai for Honeymoon:
October to April is the best time to visit Chiang Mai. The average temperature of Chiang Mai is 25-degree centigrade. The weather in Chiang Mai is cooler than any other place in Thailand.
Romantic Things to do in Chiang Mai:
- Enjoy a walking tour in Old Town Temples.
- Visit the elephant camp. If you wish you can ride also.
- Don’t miss the Lantern Festival.
- You can join a Cooking Class with your better half.
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of Doi Inthanon.
Romantic Hotels and Resorts in Chiang Mai:
- Hillda House (Budget Hotel)
- Vieng Mantra Hotel (Mid-range Hotel)
- Novotel Chiang Mai Nimman Journeyhub
- Na Nirand Romantic Boutique Resort
- Le Meridien Chiang Mai (Luxury Hotel)
What to Eat in Chiang Mai:
- Northern Pork and Ginger Curry
- Khao Soi (Egg Noodle Curry)
- Sai Oua (Grilled Herb Sausage)
- Khan Toke
- Northern Thai Chili Dips
Check out the list of 7 Best Travel Apps which will make your honeymoon trouble-free and more comfortable.
Bangkok, the capital city of Thailand is a combination of culture, cuisine and fashion. The party lover honeymooners who like to have a cosmopolitan experience can choose Bangkok as their honeymoon destination. Beyond its vibrant nightlife, Bangkok is also famous for its gorgeous Buddhist monasteries and temples.
The shopping freak couples can have some really good time in local markets and shopping malls in Bangkok where you can shop at an insanely cheap price. Your Bangkok trip will be incomplete without trying its famous street food and downtown skyscrapers.
How to Reach Bangkok:
Bangkok is well-connected with the rest of the world by air. Suvarnabhumi Airport and Don Mueang Airport are two main and busy international airport in Bangkok. Bus service is available from three major bus terminal in Bangkok which operate services with other parts of Thailand. You can also travel by train that connects with the rest of Thailand and neighboring countries like Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia.
Best Time to Visit Bangkok for Honeymoon:
The end of November to January is the best time to travel to Bangkok in enchanting weather.
Romantic Things to do in Bangkok:
- Visit the stunning temples of Bangkok. Don’t miss Wat Pho(reclining Buddha), Wat Arun and the Grand Palace.
- Surprise your beloved one by booking a table at one of the world’s best rooftop restaurants.
- Enjoy a relaxing Thai Spa and healing treatment that rejuvenates your inner soul and mind. Even you can buy special spa products to keep as Thailand souvenirs.
- Experience the Thai culture by booking Private Damnoen Saduak Floating Market tour.
Romantic Hotels and Resorts in Bangkok:
- 9TY hotel (Budget Hotel)
- Amari Watergate Bangkok (Mid-range Hotel)
- Ad Lib (Luxury Hotel)
- Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
- The Sukhothai Bangkok
What to Eat in Bangkok:
- Tom Yum Goong
- Pad Thai
- Stir-Fried Rice Noodle with Chicken
- Fried Banana Pancake
- Boat Noodles
#4 KOH LANTA:
Koh Lanta is a small island located 800 km away from Bangkok on the west coast of Thailand. This party free shallow beach is very popular among couples and honeymooners. The beaches of Koh Lanta are very long which makes this place less crowded and one of the best honeymoon destinations in Thailand. You can spend here a relaxing time with your partner enjoying the turquoise water in a charming atmosphere.
How to Reach Koh Lanta:
Krabi is the nearby airport of Koh Lanta. From there you have to take a car ferry to reach Koh Lanta. Seasonal ferry boat services are also available from Koh Phi Phi and Phuket. Krabi to Koh Lanta car ferry takes around 1.5 hours and charges 250 Baht per person.
Best Time to Visit Koh Lanta for Honeymoon:
November to February is the best time to visit Koh Lanta when the environment is cool and dry.
Romantic Things to do in Koh Lanta:
- Rent a scooter and explore the island with your better half
- Spend a relaxing holiday in a luxury resort
Romantic Hotels and Resorts in Koh Lanta:
- Sleep in Lanta Resort (Budget Hotel)
- Lanta Fa Rung Beach Resort (Budget Hotel)
- Hana Lanta Resort
- Pinky Bungalow Resort (Mid-range Hotel)
What to Eat in Koh Lanta:
- Thai mixed fried rice
- Boat noodles
- Thai seafood soup
Krabi is a pure gem of Thailand. With its white-sand beaches, crystal blue water, vertical karst of limestone and beautiful temples, Krabi is one of the most favored landmarks in Thailand. The natural scenery with forests, caves, waterfalls give the couples the ultimate bliss that they can keep in their memories as one of the best honeymoon gifts.
How to Reach Krabi:
Krabi International Airport is just 15 km away from the city center of Krabi. Direct buses to Krabi operate daily from Bangkok. If you come from Phuket, it will take 3-4 hours to reach Krabi.
Best Time to Visit Krabi for Honeymoon:
Visit Krabi in between November and March to get romantic weather in Krabi.
Romantic Things to do in Krabi:
- Enjoy the popular 4-island tour in Krabi by a private boat.
- Have a romantic dinner date by the seashore.
- Take a refreshing bath in the Emerald Pool.
- Enjoy kayaking in the crystal clear water in Krabi.
- Don’t miss rock climbing and other adventure activities if you are a thrill-seeker.
Romantic Hotels and Resorts in Krabi:
- Arawan Krabi Beach Resort (Budget Hotel)
- Beyond Resort Krabi (Budget Hotel)
- Krabi La Playa Resort (Mid-range Hotel)
- Amari Vogue Krabi (Luxury Hotel)
What to Eat in Krabi:
- Wok Fried Noodles
- Pad Thai
- Sticky Mango Rice
- Kang Som Pla Gao (Local Spicy Red Curry with Fish)
#6 PHI PHI ISLAND:
Most of the travelers who visit Phuket tend to have a day trip to Phi Phi Island, but I will recommend spending a minimum of two days in this enthralling island with your beloved one. Phi Phi Island has some of the best resorts in Thailand which are specially made for honeymoon couples. Honeymooners can enjoy a romantic vacation in the exotic beaches of Phi Phi Island.
Nothing could be better than hopping around the islands on a long tail private boat enjoying a sunny day, sipping a glass of chilled wine and sharing one of your life’s most precious moments with your better half. If you are looking for the best honeymoon destinations in Thailand, without any hesitation book a cheap flight for Phuket which is the nearby international airport of Phi Phi Island.
How to Reach Phi Phi Island:
You have to take a ferry or speedboat from Phuket or Krabi to reach Phi Phi Island. For honeymoon couples, I will recommend taking a speedboat or premium catamaran that takes less time and offers a thrilling experience.
Best Time to Visit Phi Phi Island for Honeymoon:
November to mid of March is the best time to visit Phi Phi Island when the temperature is cooler and pleasant.
Romantic Things to do in Phi Phi Island:
- Explore the islands on a private Catamaran cruise.
- Dive into the sparkling sea and enjoy snorkeling, scuba diving together
- Experience some fun activities together like Thai Cooking Class
- Enjoy a romantic candlelight dinner by the beach and make your honeymoon a memorable one.
Romantic Hotels and Resorts in Phi Phi Island:
- Viking Nature Resort (Budget Hotel)
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi (Mid-range Hotel)
- Zeavola Resort (Luxury Hotel)
- Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort
- Phi Phi Phu Chalet Resort
What to Eat in Phi Phi Island:
- Khao Mok Gai
- Khao Pad
- Phat Thai
- Som Tam
From azure seawater with the pristine beach to countless sightseeing, temples, shopping malls, gorgeous nightlife, Pattaya has everything that every couple seeks in their honeymoon. This popular honeymoon destination in Thailand is very popular among just married couples.
You could go for adventure activities with your spouse or enjoy a relaxing Thai Spa together.
How to Reach Pattaya:
The most convenient way is to take bus service from Bangkok that takes around 2-3 hours to reach Pattaya. You can rent a car from Bangkok if you like to drive.
Best Time to Visit Pattaya for Honeymoon:
November to March is the best time for honeymoon couples to visit Pattaya.
Romantic Things to do in Pattaya:
- Enjoy a stroll along with the Jomtien beach with your partner.
- Indulge in a romantic dinner at the Horizon Roof Top Bar.
- Don’t miss the world-famous nightlife of Pattaya Walking Street.
- If you are not a party lover then go for Tiffany Cabaret Show.
Where to Stay in Pattaya:
- The Mangrove Hotel (Budget Hotel)
- Pullman Pattaya Hotel G (Mid-range Hotel)
- Amari Pattaya (Luxury Hotel)
- Holiday Inn Pattaya (Luxury Hotel)
- Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort
What to Eat in Pattaya:
- Sticky Mango Rice
- Khao Pad Gung
- Pad Thai
- Khao Tom
#8 KOH SAMUI:
This is Thailand’s second largest island and one of the most favoured honeymoon spots in Thailand. With a long stretch of white sand lapped by azure water and fringed by the line of coconut trees, Koh Samui’s natural scenic view gives the couples a perfect honeymoon experience.
Koh Samui is less crowded than Phuket or Pattaya. The long stretch of Chaweng and Lamai beaches offers a serene atmosphere for couples to spend some private time.
How to Reach Koh Samui:
The most convenient way to reach Koh Samui is to take a bus to Surat Thani from Bangkok and then a ferry to Koh Samui from there. If budget is not a constraint then book a direct flight to Koh Samui.
Best Time to Visit Koh Samui for Honeymoon:
December to April is the ideal time for honeymooners to visit Koh Samui when the weather is dry.
Romantic Things to do in Koh Samui:
- Enjoy a sunset sailing tour with spectacular scenery over the sky.
- Surprise your partner by booking a private table for a romantic dinner on the beach at Chaweng Regent Hotel
- Have a relaxing Thai Spa treatment at the Natural Wing Spa.
- Go for a Full Moon Party, one of the most popular activities in Koh Samui.
Where to Stay in Koh Samui:
- Chaweng Noi Pool Villa (Budget Hotel)
- Deva Beach Resort & Spa
- Kirikayan Luxury Pool Villas (Mid-range Hotel)
- Melati Beach Resort & Spa (Luxury Resort)
- Saree Samui Natures Finest Resort
What to Eat in Koh Samui:
- Chicken Satay
- Pad Thai
- Khao Mok Kai
- Coconut Ice Cream
LIKE IT? PIN IT…
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Honeymoon Destinations in Thailand
1. Which are the Best Islands for Honeymoon in Thailand?
A: Krabi, Phi Phi Island, Koh Samui and Chiang Mai are the best islands in Thailand for couples. These islands are not crowded like other places in Thailand and offer the honeymooners a perfect honeymoon vacation with its white-sand beaches, azure water, romantic resorts and several water sports and adventure activities.
2. Is Thailand a good place for Honeymoon Vacation?
A: Yes, Thailand is, no doubt, one of the most beautiful countries for honeymoon couples. Besides have some of the world’s best beaches, Thailand is blessed with stunning temples, picturesque lagoons and countless adventure activities. If you visit Thailand for a honeymoon don’t miss the chance to surprise your partner by booking a table for candlelight dinner by the seashore.
3. Which place in Thailand is Best for Honeymoon on a Low Budget?
A: Thailand is one of the cheapest countries to travel to South-East Asia. If you are looking for the best and cheap honeymoon destinations in the world, Thailand must be there at the top of the list. Though places like Phuket, Koh Samui are not super cheap places for honeymooners. I will recommend visiting Bangkok, Krabi and Chiang Mai which are cheaper places in Thailand for honeymoon holidays in Thailand.
4. What is the Best Month for Honeymoon in Thailand?
A: November to March is the best time to visit Thailand when the weather is dry and you will find a clear sky with a pleasant atmosphere and a cool breeze while strolling along the sea beaches with your spouse. Try to avoid monsoon season(July to October) for your honeymoon trip in Thailand.
5. Is Thailand Safe for Couples?
A: Yes, Thailand is very much Safe for couples. However, like every country in this world, you should be cautious while traveling with your partner in a new country. Always remember the below-mentioned point whenever you travel to a country for the first time:
* Don’t ride on an unmetered taxi. It will just burn your pocket. Use ‘Grab’ app which is reliable and quite like Uber in Thailand
* Don’t walk around flashing money or jewelry.
* Don’t accept drinks from anyone in bars or night clubs.
* Drink within your limit.
6. Suggest an approximate budget for a Honeymoon in Thailand?
A: It depends on various factors like, where you are staying, how many days you are traveling and many more. On average for a 5 night 6 days honeymoon vacation in Thailand, it will cost around a minimum of $1500 for two.