Hi Travel Buff! So, here is another post from my Travel Hack series. Have you ever wondered how other travel buffs book budget hotels without burning a hole in their pocket? The main challenge for people like me who are always ready with their backpacks is to save money as much as possible while traveling. And when it is a matter of savings, the budget travelers give priority on the three most important factors:
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy something through one of those links, you won’t pay any extra penny, but I’ll get a small commission that encourages me to deliver more helpful content for you.
PIN IT FOR LATER…
Today I am going to share with you how you can book your accommodation (be it hotel, hostel, resort or guest house) which is affordable as well as comfortable and secured. In the end, you will get some useful tips and tricks which will help you to get the best deals for your upcoming vacations.
It is now the world’s largest and top leading accommodation provider company which is famous in 227 countries for its amazing deal with the cheapest price and other cool features. The website itself gets about 1.5 million bookings a day and is available in over 40 languages all over the world. If you travel with your parents or partner then without any hesitation go for booking.com.
- It is convenient and easy to use both through the website and mobile app.
- You can search for hotels, hostels, apartments, guest houses, resorts and many more within your budget and it will give you the best result that matches exactly for you.
- Credit card or Debit card is not mandatory for maximum hotel booking. You can reserve your hotels at any time and pay at the time of check-in.
- One of their best features is ‘Free Cancellation’ which is provided by most of their partners. You can cancel your booking any time before 48 hours.
Agoda is one of the best hotel booking websites with over 2 million properties worldwide. Though Agoda is Asia specific hotel booking site, it offers the lowest price available all around the world.
- Agoda is one of the biggest and trusted travel websites right now.
- The best part of Agoda is it guarantees the lowest price available else refund the difference. Really amazing..!
- Users can collect PointsMAX while booking through Agoda.com which can be redeemed from other 50 travel websites partnered with Agoda.
- Users get 24*7 support by direct phone call, online chat or fast email replies.
- Free cancelation is available for selected hotels.
Get your Best Hotel Deals below:
It is a unique online marketplace where people can rent their extra room to the traveler who wants accommodation at a cheap price. It is mostly famous among solo travelers, backpackers and budget travelers as it generally offers the cheapest price compared to hotels.
- From single room to luxury room to yacht or houseboat you can book anything as per your choice from Airbnb which offers more pristine experience than a hotel.
- As the price is decided by hosts so Airbnb price always remains reasonable. Even you can directly contact the host if he/she can offer any discount.
- The best part that I like about Airbnb is its location. It can be anywhere where you cannot even expect any hotel. So it would be a great experience to share a day with the locals and be close to nature being free from urban chaos.
Some airbnb may charge Cleaning fee, Service fee, Occupancy taxes which ultimately make the higher. So double check and compare with other Airbnbs before reserving any.
READ NEXT: 12 Best and Cheap Places to Visit in India
Hostelworld is the world’s largest company for hostel bookings at the cheapest price. It has around 36000 properties in 170 countries in the entire world. It is my favorite website among all and I surely recommend HostelWorld if you are a solo traveler or a budget traveler like me, but nowadays it is becoming popular among those who are open-minded and want to meet with new people.
- Easy to use the app(one of my favourite Travel Apps) and can book hostel at any part of the world(170 countries)
- You will get the cheapest hostel here. If you find a cheaper price for the same at any other website, you can claim the difference from their site as per their saying. Countries like Switzerland where the hotel price is very expensive, hostelworld is a god gift for the backpackers.
- Free Breakfast and Free WiFi are offered from most of the hostels.
- Free kitchen access by sharing which saves your budget for food.
- Free Cancellation before 24-72 hours(vary from hostel to hostel)
This US-based travel giant is another fast-growing online search engine that is more or less the same as booking.com but as booking.com is Europe based aggregator so it will be best to search in both of these websites and pick up the best deal as per your traveling destination.
Besides these, Expedia has a Rewards program for their loyal customers. You can use this to lower your cost if you are a frequent user in Expedia.
Tips: Make sure when you are searching for the cheapest hotel, you are actually signed in to the website, because some websites show the cheapest price available only when you are signed in.
These Four websites are the best to book your cheap hotels or hostels globally even if you travel in any offbeat places, however, there are some other useful websites mentioned below which you can compare if you have enough time.
Book Cheap Hotels in India:
When you are traveling in India then you can opt for Booking.com, OYO Rooms, MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Cleartrip as they are most popular in India for their huge network and great service in entire the country.
10 Tips to Book Cheap Hotels:
- Be Flexible: Book your hotels on weekdays when people are not there. Generally, people used to travel on the weekend with an extra day, Friday or Monday which makes the hotel price costly. So book your hotel on weekdays like Tuesday or Wednesday when the price remains comparatively cheaper.
- Book Advance: Plan early and book your hotels early to get it at the lowest price. 3-4 months in advance would be a good time to book your ticket as the price tends to be cheaper in most of the hotels in last month.
- Avoid peak season & public holidays: These are the time when most of the people travel and the hoteliers charge double price. Try to avoid to go on these times but if you have no way out, in that case, 4-6 months advance booking can save your budget.
- Hotel Promotions: Some times hotels give an offer like “Stay four nights, Get the fifth night Free”. Book the hotel immediately whenever you find this kind of deal as this kind of deals stay for a limited time but make sure if the rate is actually cheaper and not increased to normalize the total cost. Travelzoo is a really good website to find this kind of deal.
- Use Multiple Search Engines: Compare the price in all the top search engines which I have already mentioned and then book as per the best result. I have noticed in maximum case booking (traveling with parents or partner) and hostelworld (for solo travelers) offer the cheapest hotels and hostels.
- Use Credit Card Efficiently: Many credit cards offer a flat discount or bonus discount for spending a certain amount of money with a time period. I will suggest two credit cards that offer good hotel perks are the American Express Platinum Card and the Citi Prestige Card.
- Last Minute Hotel Deals: It is certain that some hotel rooms remain unbooked and on the day they offer a significant discount but you have to be flexible to grab this offer because it is uncertain to get a deal at your exact destination. Two best websites where you can find these types of offers: www.hoteltonight.com and www.lastminute.com.
- Sign up to the Hotel or Booking Website: Some hotels and booking websites give fare sale or membership discounts to attract their customers through emails. Don’t hesitate to sign up to their website(yes, there is a chance to get flooded with spams, so you have to compromise)
- Cashback: Some credit, debit cards, and e-wallets offer a decent cashback for first-time users. In India, Amazon pay, Paytm are two popular e-wallets that provide huge cashback.
- Offline Booking: Don’t rely only on online booking. Some hotels which are not tied up with any booking website may offer better deals. Call or email directly to these hotels and ask if they have any offer for booking.
Is it Helpful? Save it for later…
I hope these tips will help you to book your hotel at the cheapest price on your upcoming trip. If you think this post is helpful you can share it with your friends on social media and if you have any other amazing tips about cheap hotel booking feel free to write on the comment box below.